This week, we'll be heading over to Simpson, Milton Keynes for a model shoot.
We will be meeting at The Plough pub at 7pm (postcode MK6 3AH, then it's just a short walk to the location, a storm drain/tunnel type thing which has lots of graffiti. There's also a large grassed area where you can shoot if you're not that keen on the grungy look. We've shot here before, with Darren S and with Em Theresa
PLEASE NOTE : THIS EVENT IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY. NON MEMBERS WILL BE CHARGED £10 TO SHOOT, WHICH IS REFUNDABLE UPON JOINING THE CLUB WITHIN THREE MONTHS.
- Ideally, anything in the range 50mm to 200mm is ideal for portraiture
- As fast as possible. f1.2 to f2.8 ideally. This will help in darker scenes, but will also provide a nice shallow depth of field for your portraits.
- Reflector - You can reflect some sunlight into the tunnel with one of these, providing some golden light on your subject. Fill in those shadows that judges hate so much :)
- Speedlights, triggers and portable softboxes
- A well placed speedlight can really make your portraits pop
- If you have gels to colour your speedlite, great! There will be some gels on hand if you dont have any (Jamie's own)
- There will be some triggers for Canon users (Jamie's own) should you wish to try them out
We hope to have two models available
Not interested in portraits and models? No problem! The location we've chosen is close to a picturesque section of the Grand Union Canal. You can find some lovely landscape images here, as well as the local avian and insect wildlife to photograph