This coming Thursday, we'll be meeting up at Campbell Park (click here for directions to the carpark) at 7pm.
We'll explore a little around Campbell Park, the Grand Union Canal, then onto Willen Lake, finally looping back round to Campbell park via a short walk along the Grand Union Canal again. The total walk is approx 2.4 miles.
ALL are welcome, members and non-members alike. Bring a friend and come along and meet us :)
Below is an itemised map of interesting locations on the walk
- 1 - Park here
- 2 - Nice views across the pond with reeds in foreground and trees in background
- 3 - Sculpture, "Head' by Alan Jones - Can you capture the sun in its eyes?
- 4 - Bridge over the canal - nice views of barges from a higher angle
- 5 - Wakeboarding. If it's not going on, it's worth a return visit to this spot to capture some action!
- 6 - A great spot to stop and feed the ducks
- 7 - Birdhide. If you're so inclined, it's worth a visit
- 8 - Medicine Wheel - A small standing stones arrangement
- 9 - Posts in the water that often attract birds who need a perch. Can make an interesting shot.
- 10 - The Peace Pagoda. Can be a wonderful location at sunset
- 11 - The Prayer Tree - Lots of prayers tied to the tree can make for interesting detail shots.
- 12 - Nipponzan Myohoji - The home of the monks. An oriental style building. Please respect their privacy though, telephoto shots only
- 13 - Rejoin the Grand Union canal. Should be some nice images and light by this time
- 14 - Some lovely trees on the side of the canal. They make a nice repeating pattern
From here, it's just a short walk back over the bridge and back to the cars.